Vitamins are considered essential nutrients for our body because they perform multiple roles in the body. Vitamins are an essential compound that helps our body to grow and function properly. It helps to boost your immunity, Strengthen your bones, heal wounds, bolster your eyesight and getting energy from food.
Common Vitamins :
Vitamins are classified as fat-soluble. Fat soluble vitamin include A, D, E and K can be stored for up to six months in your various fat stores. All vitamin has a specific function but they also work together to maintain our body health. There are some basic vitamins and their function :
- Vitamin A supports healthy eyesight, immune function, bones, skin, and teeth.
- Vitamin B Supports a healthy metabolism, brain function, regular heart operations, hormone production, central nervous system functions and cell duties.
- Vitamin C supports absorption of the mineral iron, provide immune protection and encourage healthy tissue development.
- Vitamin D provides calcium and makes our bones healthy and strong. It protects our bones from different diseases like osteoporosis and Rickets.
- Vitamin E facilitate our body’s use of vitamin K, which helps in blood clotting and bone health and also promote the formation of essential red blood cells.
Vitamin Deficiency Problems :
Inadequate vitamin intake can risk you in different diseases like heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis. Vitamin D is a very important vitamin in our body. It makes our bones strong and healthy. Vitamin D deficiency causes rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults, deformation and poor growth as well as high blood pressure, cancer, and autoimmune diseases.
Vitamins are compulsory for our body. We can get it from our daily use of vitamin-rich diet like fresh vegetables, fruits, fortified dairy, whole grains, meat, and fish can provide all vitamins that we need. we should maintain our health and use the vitamin-rich food.